Tuesday, April 20, 2021

The Environmental impact of sending just one un-needed letter is ?

 Ok all you Environmental extremists and Greenies out there.  I need your help. And believe it or not, I am one of you, just not as extreme as some of you. 

Can anyone tell me the environmental cost of sending just one worthless, un needed letter? 

I am talking from the very start. The harvesting of the trees to make the paper, the fuel used to run the tree harvester, to haul the tree to the processing plant, the processing/paper plant, the transport of the paper to the printer, the printers impact, the trans port of the printed products (paper and envelopes) mailing it, fuel for the postal deliver trucks, everything.. 

I really would like to know because I just received the most useless unneeded letter from a utility company informing me my utility bill may go up 1 dollar per month this summer! 

Now multiply that by the thousands of other customers who got the same or similar letters, and this is why we have environmental crises going on.   Un needed junk mail is a major pollutant. It is second, in my humble opinion to non recycled plastics. 

So if anyone could answer this, I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment