Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Tired of comcast xfinity robots.

Why won't xfininity talk to us?

Have you tried talking to a comcast or xfinity HUMAN worker lately? 

I don't think they exist anymore.  Last month I spent 2 hours on the phone trying to get one.  It took me about 15 tries before I realized I have to jump thru hoops talking to a programmed idiot. (a robot, or Artificial intellegent program). 

If you go to their website its the same thing.. they say you are talking to a live agent.. No agent is that stupid. 

I am tired of talking to robots

I am tired of texting (this is texting) to robots. If I have to type it all out, its texting. And I had to do that every time the website "agent" passed me on to another agent. 4 hours later I was assured the problem would be repaired.. 

30 days later, NOPE!  Problem still remains. 

You see I relocated in July of 2020. I moved 2 blocks. I took my xfinity gear with me and installed it. It is up and running as you can tell.. However, on the xfinity site, it says my services here are disconnected. 

They are? This address got a new account number. The old address and account are still listed on the xfinity page, and I cannot get it removed. 

This account says zero balance. I have tried to make a payment, but it won't take one. So if i mail in a payment, where does that money go? 

Yesterday I got a bill in the mail.. Guess what? The account number is a 3rd number.. HUH?!  

So how do I resolve this problem seeing how I cannot get to a human to VOICE TALK TO, when I call xfinity? Any ideas? 

Update: 2 days after I posted this I again called Xfinity and got the robot. However this time it was different. It checked my account and asked if I wanted to pay the bill. I said NO. Then it said something like  "we need to take a closer look at your account" and passed me off to an english speaking american. OMG!  It took just 3 minutes to figure out what happened. Then that person passed me off to their supervisor who had to approve the changes needed to fix the problem.. So here is what happened.

Pay close attention to your account numbers.

In july I moved just 2 blocks but that was from one subburb to another. 2 different "cities". 

First I had the old account number (lets call it 0101).  I took my gear and installed it at the new location, which the generated a new account number ( 0202).  THEN, because of local rules and regulations the "package" I had at the old address was not available at the new address, so they had to start a new package which generated a 3rd account (0303). Now on xfinity page, I was show just the first 2 accounts, one at old address and one at new address and was NOT shown the 3rd account. Why? Because the technician who set it up failed to inform me that I had to finish setting up the account. 

I never new the 3rd one existed. Well during this phone call the Xfininty tech emailed me a link, which I followed and finished setting up that 3rd account. Then I logged on to xfinity again and yes, all 3 are now shown, with account 3 being the primary account. It won't let me unlink or undo the first 2, but thats ok with me as long as they don't get any new charges. 

What a frigging pain in the tail.. all that headache and frustration for nothing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment