Monday, June 1, 2020

Smoking pot makes you stupid.

That is the conclusion I have come to, after many years of thinking on this subject. 
Right or wrong, it is my opinion based on years of observation.

I have watched what happened to the states on the west coast that slowly allowed it. 
I have watched what happened to my state of Michigan as we allowed it.

I have a few friends who did it, some still do, and all of them are people who were once very smart, but now have the common sense of a fruit fly. 

I watched a friend search for an hour for his wallet (that was in his back pocket). 
I watched another friend lose 3 good paying jobs because he could not put down a 10 dollar bag of weed long enough to pass a drug test.

The apartment complex where I live makes it a violation of your lease to use it anywhere on the property. This includes smoking, vaping, or even having it in your possession even though Michigan law allows it. Michigan law also allows landlords to restrict or forbid its use/possession.  

Yet 3 times in the last year, new people who have signed said lease, have moved into our building and within 7 days have been caught using it in the halls, on the balcony, or in their apartments. I mean how STUPID can you be? The stuff reeks.. its worse than cigarette smoke as this lingers for hours.. and the office takes great pains to inform the lease holder about the requirement. Yet these stupid people do it anyways and end up getting kicked out. 

No one that I know that uses it on a regular basis, has remained untouched by it. They slowly sink into a state of total dumbness. Even when they are not smoking it, their behavior is affected by it.  

I have had to walk away from most of these friends, because I cannot stand to watch them self destruct in this way. 

Yes, smoking marijuana, aka pot, aka weed, what ever name you use, turns you into a total drooling, unable to function, complete dumb ass, over time. It makes you stupid.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment